Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JLevin

S7-300 Real Time Clock

6 posts in this topic

Obviously I'm aware there are major diffrenecs between the S7-200 and S7-300 range of PLC, Using the real time clock in the 200 range is easy, however I'm totally confused in the 300 range. Basically all I want to do is move some data from one group of words to another every moring at 6-00am, I can't figure out how to do this in the S7-314 PLC, anyone out there who can help? Regards Jonathan

Hello Jonathan. Go to the CPU Properties .. Time-of-Day Interrupts. Activate the OB10 interrupt and set it to how often (every day) and when (6:00) it has to execute. Then add OB10 to the program blocks. Put the necessary code in the OB10 block. It is explained in more detail on Siemens support. Search for enntry ID 329470.

Don't want to hijack this post, but your response got me thinking. Never had to spend a lot of times with a Siemens PLC, but the couple of times I tried to use the Siemens US website to look up something it was a real pain. What support site did you get good results from?

Hi Bob. Support (manuals, FAQs, downloads etc): http://www4.ad.siemens.de/WW/llisapi.dll?f...mp;siteid=CSEUS AD Mall (product specs - allways has the latest information about the current product line): https://mall.automation.siemens.com/DE/gues...ome.asp?lang=en Both these sites are very "german". Tedious to navigate, but also very thorough. If you find it difficult to find something, then use the search functions on both sites. Edited by JesperMP

Thanks I'll check them out.