Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bkpsu

CIP Data Table Read/Write using EWEB module

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm thinking about using a CIP Data Table Read/Write MSG instruction to send a single DINT between two Logix 5563 processors. Is it possible, and if so, how would I go about defining a path for the MSG? I want to go from one CPU through the EWEB, to a remote EWEB, and that rack's CPU. Do the EWEBs have this sort of capability or am I going to be forced to send a unicast? I think I'm on the right path, but I'm not sure how to start to go about this... -B.K.

Yes, the EWEB does have this capablity through a MSG instruction. It would be a little easier with the ENBT since you could use produced and consumed tags Setup a message with a CIP Data Table Read. Source being the tag you are reading on the other Plc, the destination being where you want to put it. Let's say your target processor's IP address is 192.168.0.1, both EWEBS are in slot 3 and the target processor is in slot 1. All paths are defined by port, address. Goto the help section and select MSG in the index. Then scroll to the bottom and select specifying communications detail. For yours 1 is the backplane and 2 is the communications port out of the EWEB. So first from the processor we must go onto the backplane(1), then to slot 3 which is the EWEB(3), then out of the EWEB's communications port(2), then to the IP address(192.168.1.1), then onto the target processors backplane(1), then to the processor which is in slot 1(1) 1,3,2,192.168.1.1,1,1 It is really not that hard after you do it a few times. If you give the IP addresses and slot numbers I'll help you build the path TW

SO the ENET and ENBT modules use Produced consumed and EWEB does not but provides other web page functionality.

Yes the ENET and ENBT are practically the same module. The ENBT is a newer version, has better performance and is Ethernet/IP compliant so it can do a few things the older ENET can't The EWEB doesn't support Class 1 (I/O Messaging) so pretty much modules that you can add under the ENBT in the I/O configuration of RsLogix 5000 can't be added under the EWEB. But there are plenty of features the EWEB has to make up for it's lack of I/O Messaging. The big thing to remember is that they were designed for two completely functions. Without know what else bkpsu is using it for it is hard to say whether or not the EWEB is the right module or not

ENBT, ENET and EN2T: - Programming - Messaging - Produced/Consumed - I/O EWEB: - Programming - Messaging - Custom WEB interface - XML, HTML, ASP, JAVA - Open Socket Interface

Great Summary Conn - I'll remember this link for future reference.

I've actually went through a few permutations on the design, but I've stuck with the EWEB (helps fulfill some of my redundancy requirements vis a vis network connections/multicast to the HMIs/web functions - these take precedence over being able to produce/consume). I'm also going to be using the web server for dataviews and management/diagnostic interface. So far, the biggest limitation of the EWEB module I've come across is its limited multicast/broadcast functionality (write-only), but I've gotten around that, and it is proving to be a very useful/reliable module. Thanks for the MSG instruction help, TWControls! -B.K.