Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johnelguz

fx2n STOPS WHENEVER i run on my back up power

14 posts in this topic

Ok, i have 8 fx2n plc's to install. I just put 1st on in. Now i realize that the UPS battery back up that I use to keep it suplied with 230 vac 50htz is not doing its job. We lose public power a lot around here (zimbabwe, africa) so we run off of our generators often. Well while we switch over the PLC losses its RUN light and the red PROG-E light turns on. The power light never goes out. And once the normal AC power comes back on (usually within a few minuts) the RUN light turns back on the red PROG-E lights shuts off. Any possible solutions? THe mitsubishi guys out here aren't to quick to help. If you got time i got one more problem. I'm trying to get all 8 fx2n's to talk to eachother using the COM Et 10 t module. I have them all talking to my pain PC wher i'll be using SCADA but I just dont know how to get them to talk to eachother. I've given them all a IP adress subnet all that. But how do i get info from one plc to the other. Any help would be appreciated. I'm way out here in Africa and communication with other for help is not easy, i thought i'd try this forum. Thank you john from chicago (now in zim)

Hello, Is your back-up power tied to a input? If so, this input may be what is putting the PLC in programming mode. Check the code and the connections. The Battery Backup may be tied to the "Run" input which can be programmed in the FX2N. If it looses power it may release the input and the program puts the PLC in run mode.

I would look at the inputs to the PLC as possibly losing power (such as X0, X1, etc.) if they are not backed up by the UPS. Also, you cannot make the FX2N PLCs talk to each other over Ethernet. That Ethernet module is a serial to Ethernet gateway, useful for programming and data collection with a PC only. They cannot talk to each other. The best way to make them talk to each other is install an FX2N-16CCL-M CC-Link master on one and FX2N-32CCL CC-Link slave modules on the others. However, if you use the FX3U PLC with the FX3U-ENET module, these PLCs can talk to each other over Ethernet. As another note... If you have the software, connect to the PLC and see what the error is. In GX-Developer, you go to the Diagnostics menu and pick PLC Diagnostics. It will tell you what the error is and how to correct it. There is extensive help on PLC errors in the help files of GX-Developer.

What is the voltage across the Live and Neutral terminals? (when the UPS/ generator is running of course) Aiming at a possible loose neutral.....

As far as the inputs are concerned, I do not lose power. In fact, even whent the PLC goes into PROG-E error i keep my inputs i only lose my outputs. The voltage drops down from 230 to about 179 however the FX2n says it can run anywhere from 100-230 volts so that should be plenty of power tokeep in running. Now as for teh COM module. YOU"RE Sure i can not communicate to each PLC???? That is horrible, i was under the impression that I could send DATA using D registers to send a block from one station (plc) to the other by adressing the plc's with station, how many blocks etc. Thank you for the replies. I hope i'm giving clear enough information. oh by the Way i'm the one installing all these PLC's they are brand new and i'm doing all teh programming and installation.

Sorry to disagree but it should be possible to talk to eachother using the COM-et10 module. I think i have a small program somewhere. I'll try and find it!!!

You know, i just found a photo copy of what seems to be a page fromsome manual,(dont know which one) but it says you can put in some parameters so that at least two plc's can talk to eachother. Now what this peice of paper doesnt tell me is which models of PLC but it is the COM et 10/t module. I just can't seem to get it right. In fact, i played around with it for a few hours and i had one input on station 1 operating an output onstation two, but if i tried the other way around or more inputs operating more ouputs it wouldnt work. . so i was close but i'm missing something. . IT WOULD BE AWESOME IF YOU COULD FIND THAT SMALL PROGRAM FOR ME TO COPY AND SEE FOR A REFERANCE. . MUCH APPRECIATED. THANK YOU

My first question is why the voltage drops so low? Second, have you tried seeing what diagnostics the PLC is spitting out at you. Ie. "Online -> PLC Diagnostics". Does it perhaps tell you that there is a dip in supply voltage?

Well honestly now, I've just figured that I can deal with the temporary loss of power. My bigger issue is the communication between the PLC's. Please if anyone canoffer help i would appreciate it. . times a tick'n and i'm going crazy here trying to set up the parameters. Thank you again for your help and suggestions.

I don't know for sure, but the attached PDF seems to indicate that the COM ET10 T is used solely to communicate only with SCADA systems and monitoring PCs, there is no mention of peer to peer networking of PLCs. As a work around, is it possible to use the SCADA system to read data from one PLC and write to the others? A bit messy, but most SCADA packages have a basic logic system built into them .... FX_Range.pdf

I'm with Colin, it's not for PLC to PLC communication. In the US we call it FX2NC-ENET-ADP, and it's manual states as follows: The FX2NC-ENET-ADP is an Ethernet adapter of 10BASE-T specifications for the FX1S, FX1N, FX2N and FX2NC Series. The FX2NC-ENET-ADP enables upload, download, monitor and test sequence of programs via Ethernet from a personal computer (GX Developer or MX Component and the virtual COM port driver installed).

Ok that seems like the common thought of everyone (that i cant use this module to communicate tween plc's) And yes, i am runnign SCADA too and i can use it to send data like inputs and outputs from one to theother. That is not how i want to, but i can! The one thing that is botherin me is this sheet of paper That i have here. Entitled PARAMETERS FOR THE EHTERNET COMMUNICATION ADAPTER "COM-ET10-T" it tells me all the values that are needed starting with 1.Header 4byte DMOV 2.Ip-adress 4byte DMOV 3.subnet-mask 4byte DMOV 4.Gateway-adress 4byte DMOV 5. UDP port no. 2 byte MOV 6.TCP port1 number 2 byte MOV 7.TCP port2 number 2byte MOV 8.network no. 2byte MOV 9.STATION NO. 2BYTE MOV 10.BLOCK COUNT 2BYTE MOV 11.USER DATA BLOCK START 2BYTE MOV 12BLOCK ALL 1BYTE MOV now those last 5 parameters look as if they are used to transfer blocks of data from one station to another as long as on the same network. Now the 1st 7 i have to program in all the plc's in order to use a pc to talk to them. The last are all in my program but set to 0. (default) That tells me that i should be able to set them and communicate to each plc. Does anyoen agree with me? The bad thing is i cant find a manual for this module. and this sheet of paper give me no information about the manual name. At teh very bottom at teh right side there it read V2.3 02/06/03 That doesnt help me.

I found the manual at: http://194.130.244.64/branch/database/serv...amp;portal_id=1 Long address and I've never found this before, but virtually all the Mitsubishi manuals seem to be there. The manual seems to suggest that values above 7 are system areas and not for users. COM_ET.pdf

Here's a PPT on how to make PC - PLC and PLC - PLC connection made by Mitsubishi Europe.