Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wonderboutin

slc 5/04

4 posts in this topic

I need to comminucate with my 5/04 with DH+. I have a converter rs-232 to rs-485 compatible with DH+ (model 485LDRC9 B&B ELECTRONICS). I need help to configure rslinx because I try to configure but no result. HELP ! tanks! 485ldrc9_4003ds.pdf

Sorry, that device will not get on a DH+ network. If you have a laptop you will need a 1784-PCMK card. If desktop a 1784-PKTX or 1784-KTX or there are some third party vendors that can do this.

On B&B electronics web site, 485LDRC9 converter is conpatible with allen bradley 5/04 DH+ http://www.bb-elec.com/tech_articles/conve...ustrial_bus.asp

No, it is not. The B&B Electronics converter you cited is compatible with A-B's Data Highway 485 (DH-485) network. That network is built into SLC-5/01, /02, and /03 controllers. The PLC-5 series controllers and the SLC-5/04 controller use Data Highway Plus (DH+) which is NOT the same as RS-485 or RS-422, or RS-423, no matter what anybody else tells you. This page on industrial buses from B&B Electronics is misleading. It confuses the old Data Highway network (vintage 1978) with the DH+ and DH-485 networks, and makes incorrect statements about RS-485 networking on the PLC-2, 3, and 5 controllers. B&B Electronics knows a whole lot about networking, but this particular page is misleading and in some parts factually incorrect. The SLC-5/04's network port is a Data Highway Plus (DH+) port and needs a Data Highway Plus specific interface. A company called Data-Link makes a good DH+ converter (www.protocolconverter.com). The SLC-5/04's RS232 serial port can be configured for DH485 protocol and can connect using a 1761-NET-AIC isolator to DH485 networks. This is an approach that can be used to connect the 5/04 to older SLC controllers. What exactly is your interface requirement and application ?