Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mos89

programm download micrologix 1200

5 posts in this topic

Hi everybody My compagnie buid machine based on micrologix 1200, we improve our software regulary, i am looking for an easy solution to send programm to local distributor (all over the world) by email and i am looking for a very basic windows software to upload the PLC. I dont want that they buy a copie of RSLogix 500 , because i don't want to allow them to modify the programm which are pasword protected...

If you set the right status file bits you can use the EEPROM memory module. You can preload the program into the chip and send it to your customers. All they have to do is insert the chip and cycle power - then send you the old chip back.

Ok it is a solution but not so easy as downlaod from a pc throw email .

You would need to spend some time on the Rockwell Website searching, but the protocol that AB PLC's use for communication is a published standard and can be downloaded from the Rockwell Website. It would be up to you to then use a programming language VB, VC, JAVA to implement the protocol. Obviously since you only want to implement download and verify program sections this would be easier than a full driver app with register monitoring. Just a thought .

yes ! good idea i am just verifying if someone did it before ...