Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ICTechs.com

I need alittle help from some programmers

5 posts in this topic

Ok, here it it. First off I'm self teaching myself how to program so bare with me. We have an existing Waste Neutralization system at our facility. We have 3 tanks. Pit A , Pit B, and Surge Tank. All of our waste throughout our facility dumps into Pit B, from there once the level in Pit B rises to a pre-determined level, it then transfers its level into the surge vessel which is basically a hold tank while Pit A is batched with Sulfuric Acid and Caustic to get the pH level in Pit A within the required range for us to pump it out. Here is my question, I have been asked to add an addition valve (FCV_889) downstream from our existing dump valve (FCV_827) ,and add a additional second valve FCV_900 (Water Flush valve) that will be tee-ed into the tranfer line and flush the transfer line with potable water and clean and saturate our pH probe. So 2 new Valves will be installed. Once FCV_827 closes from either Pit A being empty or the pH range went "out of range" FCV_889 will remain open for 40 seconds, and Water Flush Valve FCV_900 will also open, but for 40 seconds. After 30 seconds FCV_889 closes, and after 40 seconds FCV_900 closes. ( the 10 second difference between the 2 valves FCV_889 & FCV_900 allows the transfer line to fill with clean water I have uploaded the program files. In the program file 5, "LAD 5 DIG-OUTPUT" on rung 7 you will see that when the B14:0 XIC bit is true Output O:10/7 is energized opening FCV_827. I added rungs 8 - 13 for allow the valves (FCV_889, FCV_900) to Open / Close at the desired time 30 seconds and 40 seconds. In rung 8, B14:0 XIC Latches FCV_889 open until it times out from T4:61 and unlatches in Rung 12. Will rungs 8 - 13 do the job? My fear is that once the XIO B14:0/6 becomes true, does what I want it to in the rungs following rung 9, it will be a "loop" until XIC B14:0/6 becomes true again. Thanks for any help John B. JohnBourgWasteNeut10Oct06.RSS Edited by ICTechs.com

I'm a little unclear about how this is suppose to cycle. Both 889 and 900 open, then 30 seconds later 900 closes. At this point is there suppose to be a pause then open 889 and 900 again?

When Pit A pH is at its acceptable pH range. FCV_827 opens and FCV_889 opens. Both of these valves are in series with each other. FCV_827 is upstream from FCV_889. FCV_900 however is tee-ed in between FCV_827 and FCV_889 it remains closed because its just a water source to flush (purge) the line after FCV_827 closes. Once the level in Pit A is pumped below 500 gallons or a "out or range" pH reading. FCV_827 closes. FCV_889 remains open for 30 seconds At the same time FCV_900 (Water source) opens for 40 seconds For 30 seconds both valves FCV_889 and FCV_900 are open flushing the line and flushing our pH probe. After 30 seconds FCV_889 closes and FCV_900 remains open for another 10 seconds to fill the line to keep out pH probe wet. Thanks. I hope this explains it better .

What you have should work. One thing I don't like in particular is the use of latch and unlatch instructions. For example 900 is on when T4:62 is incrementing. This is the Timer Timing (TT) bit

Thanks for the imput. maybe I'll rethink my use of the latches, but my real concern is that in rung 7 and 8 When B:14/6 XIC is true then FCV_827 opens, which is what it should do. I have added B14:0/6 XIO to begin the process in rung 8. Is this the best way? When B14:0/6 XIO in rung 8 becomes true it should do what rungs 8-13 need to do, but my real question is this. Because the B14:0/6 XIO in rung 8 remains "true" after the process is complete , does rungs 8-13 just repeat themsleves on another CPU scan until the Pit A is full and ready to discharge and B14:0/6 XIC in rung 7 becomes true. Maybe I'm reading to much into this. Thanks for the help John Bourg Edited by ICTechs.com