Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gary Burton

Restoring a RSView machine edition .mer (runtime) file

7 posts in this topic

I have uploaded a runtime from a panelview plus terminal and need to make some changes to the apllication. Dumb question - how do I restore the file?

You can't using RSView Studio, you will need the orginal APA. file to make changes.

The first thing to do is contact the programs writer and ask for it. If that is you or you are unable to contact the person then contact Rockwell Support for assistance

Iam the writer of the program. I lost the original when my new laptops HD took a sabbatical. I know, should have backed up. This is not what I wanted to hear.

You may not want to wait this long, but the next release of RSView Studio will be able to upload and modify the .mer files. swimmy

There's a method, it's just a little involved. If you have the RSView ME Runtime client on your Windows PC, you can run the application and extract all the application components from the runtime folders they are extracted into. Some of the elements can't be recovered, like macro files and alarm configurations. :( Rockwell Tech Support has the procedure. If you need local help, call your Rockwell office, and if they need help have them call me.