Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NEERAJ VYAS

OMRON Wonderware Communication

2 posts in this topic

Any comment on this will be greatly appreciated. I am working on one project which requires tie in to the existing system which has OMRON CS1G PLC communicating with Wonderware. I am quite familier with this communication so, I looking at that computer which has wonderware installed hoping to find Finsgateway and wonderware I/O server but none of them were installed on that computer. I was wondering how wonderware is communicating with OMRON PLC. I found two files running on back ground all the time which is called TXDriver.exe and RXDriver.exe and I assume these files are drivers for communication between PLC and wonderware. In addition to that in wonderware application there is not a single Access name is defined and all tags are memory tags. Wonderware is calling Application RXDriver.exe from its startup script. I Really have to figure it out how communication is done. Wonderware installed version is 7.11 . Is it a custom written driver??? Is it using UDP/IP or TCP/IP??

with intouch by wonderware you can communicate with omron plc's if you installing the drivers for omron, that use a finsgateway program. also you can install the cx.server program from omron in your computer, you can create a project with all the tags, and after with dde server from wonder you can access to the comm with the tags.