Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xrain28

Allen Bradley 1784-PCMK card

9 posts in this topic

I am using an AB 1784-PCMK card, on a Dell laptop with windows xp, to communicate with the SLC 5/03, 5/04 and I am having a driver problem in RSLinx. Here is the error I have: "PCMKPCL.BIN - An error occurred while loading the file onto the device. Make sure the settings match the hardware and no devices are conflicting." I have upgraded to the latest driver, there are no conflicting devices, I have deleted and reinstalled the driver without success. Other people I talked to said that, there is an issue with the PCMCIA slot on the motherboard and the card is drawing to much current. But I find that hard to believe, because I have checked the card on another laptop and it works and a while ago it was working on that same laptop. I can't find what's wrong with it and I was hoping that someone here might know what the problem is. In RSLinx under Configure Drivers I see the driver with an error but the status shows Running. I checked the settings with another laptop that works and they are both the same. I don't know what else to do. Please help!!! Thank you. Edited by xrain28

What is the card's status in Window's Device Manager?

It says "the device is working properly" and there are no conflicts with other devices.

What model laptop? Are you running the latest WinXP service Pack? What was installed or changed laptop since the last time the PCMK successfully ran on that particular laptop?

It is a DELL LATITUDE D600, software is up to date, I tried uninstalling the driver for the card and installing it again, everything looks good under the device manager in windows. But in RSLinkx, under the CONFIGURE DRIVERS on the right side where it shows the status, says running. On the left side next to that it shows error. I tried stopping the device, start it again and that error pops up (my first posting). Another department borrowed the laptop for two days and I believe that's when it went bad. But I was told that it worked for them and nothing was changed. Even the IT guys can't figure it out, but they don't know much about RSLinkx. They had a DELL tech replacing the motherboard on the laptop, thinking that something with the expansion slot might be wrong. Everything still the same after that. The card works with another laptop. It has something to do with that file "PCMKPCL.BIN" but I can't figure it out.

A shot in the dark, maybe maybe not. http://domino.automation.rockwell.com/appl...E2?OpenDocument Edited by Mickey

This might be it. I'm going to try it on Monday, I hope this works. Thanks a lot. I was looking at the knowledge base at Rockwell, but I did not see this one. I wasn't looking hard enough, maybe. Again, thank you. I will post back if it worked or not.

Monday? no, I can't wait go to work now. I won't sleep well not knowing.

I tried to update those files, like it says on that document (the link), but no luck. Everything is still the same. I tried the card on a different laptop and it works, so it has to be something with the laptop, because everything else looks good (drivers, software). I don't know what else to try. Thank you for the info, it was a good shot. If you have any other ideas please let me know.