Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sid

Winder Application

8 posts in this topic

I am working on a wire winding machine. Where traverse is on a ballscrew connected with MR-E servo and Fx1N PLC is used for pulse Output. Winding wire size is 3.15mm to 5mm & winder bobbin is of 100mm width. Proximity is used for feedback from winder i.e for one revolution of winder we have 1pulse from proxy. Winder is controlled by ac drive. Now when winder speed is increased or decreased correspondingly the speed of traverse should be change to keep winder and traverse in synchronism. Which instruction should I use for rpm measurment from proxy and to drive servo using rpm feedback to get my winding accurate. Edited by sid

Sid, Have you tried the SPD function Ricicle

Sid, If you want accuracy, you need a higher resolution. Encoders are the best for this, but are not always possible to install. As metioned by ricicle, the SPD instruction should tell you at what frequency you are receiving your proximitiy input pulse. Regrds, WayneS

I am using the 360ppr encoder at winder side and calcuting winder speed using SPD instruction. I am moving the servo with each revolution of winder(i.e Zero pulse of encoder) using PLSY instruction, PLSY instruction uses the frequency from encoder feedback. Because of each time i am moving servo per revolution of winder i am getting jerky movment of traverse. So, Which instruction i can use to move servo smoothly and in synchronism with winder.

Collect a few pulses and use plsr?

I cannot use PLSR instruction because if the winder is in acceleration, my frequency to servo should also be in acceleration proportionally and the PLSR instruction says that operands are not effective till next drive of instruction. Because of these during acceleration my traverse gets lagged behind winder.

what is winding speed? 30-120RPM? with only 1ppr feedback that would mean only one pulse every 0.5-2 seconds which is imho way too low. i think wayne is right that you need signal source with higher resolution. next, i would try to see what happens if that signal is fed to servo directly (no plc). after all this is just a follower application. plc can read same signal to count number of turns and change direction when needed.

I have decided to use the 360ppr encoder and i am visiting my site next week. Winding speed varies from 0 to 375RPM. Since my wire size is also user selectable(2.50mm to 5.50mm) i can not directly fed the servo with encoder pulses. I am going to use SPD instruction to calculate encoder pulses in 100msec and result of SPD is used to calculate Servo speed, i hope this will do my job. Servo Speed = ((SPD Result * 10)*Wire Dia)/360 Hz CMX/CVD ratio in servo amplifier =10/1 Ballscrew pitch=10mm