Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iarglez

Help on addressing a PLC-5/40 with RIO RACKS to a REDLION G310

5 posts in this topic

I wonder if you could help me: I have a PANELVIEW 1400E connected to a PLC-5/40 trough its RIO port and I need to switch the HMI from AB to a G310 from RED LION, during the conversion I found this addressing on PANELVIEW B02 63/00-63/15. How can I found the relation between this addresing in PANELVIEW and the real WORD that it's beeing addresing from the PLC-5/40? It must be some type of N (integer). I still can't find nothing! Any help will be appreciated!! Thanks in advance!!! I'll look forward to find a relation!

The form you've shown is bits 0 thru 15 of word 63 in binary file 2 but file 2 is always a status file so it can't be accurate. Can you show its exact usage? A screen capture maybe?

JS - See my post the B02 wouldn't be accurate for a PLC usage but in the PV1400E it is valid.

yow! no wonder the 1400e is no-more! I always used the DH+ version so it went right past me. Thanks Edited by jstolaruk

No Problem - If you've ever worked with European sourced machinery you'll run into the 1400E RIO sooner or later. The 1400E in its hayday offered several trending and reporting options that it's competition did not. The RIO scheme was a pain but had it's place. You could transfer 31 arrays of 64 Integers each to the PV from the PLC and consume only one I/O rack from the PLC addressing scheme.