Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Weld_Man

CS1G/H Unit Versions

7 posts in this topic

Hello I am doing some research on CS1G/H CPU versions. There are a couple ways to find out your unit version: 1)On the new models, the unit version number is located to the right of the lot number on the plc case. 2)You can find out your cpu version in CX-Programmer, under PLC-EDIT-INFORMATION If you have a CS1-H manufactured before nov. 2003 there will be no unit version and will be considered a pre-ver 2.0. The older versions lack some of the features of the new versions such as function blocks, some instructions, d/l individual tasks... I have read the manual and have found how they "explain" and compare unit versions confusing to me. I have a couple of questions that maybe someone can answer: 1)Some CPU models that I see are designated: CS1G-CPU42-V1 and CS1G-CPU42-EV1 Can somebody explain what the V1 and EV1 mean as far as what changes are made, and how they fall as unit version (new/old)? 2)What is the latest cpu version? 3.00? Anything else I should know about cpu versions? Thanks!

The -V1 or -EV1 processors are pre -H series (old). The -EV1 would be an "English" version with the dip switch preset for English language on the handheld programmer. I do not remember what the changes were on the -V1 units. You are correct that they will not support some instructions and will not support function block (that requires a V3 processor.) Pretty sure that the latest version is 3.xx, not sure what / if there is a decimal version. Hope this helps.

V4 processors are apparently about to hit the deck and may have already in some parts of the world. CX-One is shortly to be available and may already be available in some parts of the world. I am also lead to believe that a major revision of CX-One is expected early in 2008.

Ahh, V1=Version 1. Don't know why I didn't put that together, probably because I've never seen any displayed as V2, or V3. So let me get this straight, Do they make the Non-H cpu's anymore? Or did they move over to the upgraded "H" version after version 2.00? Thanks!

You got it! Only making "-H" units now. Any new units will be -H version 3, for now. BobB's post indicates that version 4 units will be coming, do not know time table, or what the added features will be. Hope this helps.

hello gtsupport, Have a look at this thread for a little v4 info. http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=8492# Not sure about release dates, though I believe that it's imminent. Regards anonymous

Got it, it all falls into place now! Thanks for your help everyone and gtsuport!