Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChanThien

how to unblock password when uploading program

5 posts in this topic

At times, I upload program to maintain , but it was blocked by password. So , it's very difficult to repair when the system was broken down.I had to spend on so much time to repair them. If anybody known how to upload ,please tell me. Thank you so much! Edited by ChanThien

ChanThien - You have already had THIS thread asking how to unlock FBs and FCs from programs. As I stated in that thread the questions were pushing it. Now you start this thread. Why don't you go ahead and explain what you are trying to do and why you can't go to the manufacturer for the password.

if as manufacturer want you to see program, they won't set paasword. And i needn't to ask your assitant. Do you understand? Edited by ChanThien

TW, not sure if your too aware of Siemens, but I believe he's asking two different questions. In Siemens you can protect individual blocks with KNOW_HOW_PROTECT, this stops you seeing the code in that block. Easily overturned if you know the method. I think that was his last question. I believe this question is the CPU password, in the hardware profile you can protect the whole code in the project with write protection and read/write protection. Read/write protection is a pain, as you cannot even monitor on-line, or even set up a VAT (memory word monitoring) table. To answer Chan, I do not know of a way around this, yoi cannot even download the program if read/write is set.

I am aware that these a two different protection methods of protection. But these are methods of the manufacturer protecting their property and are not normally discussed publicly here. Personally I do not like password protection but I respect others use of these features. S7CanOpener is a known way of removing protection and a quick google will lead you to this product so I don't see a real problem with that. In general I like to see an explanation of why one needs this protection remove. All other measures including contacting the manufacturer of the equipment and in this case Siemens should be exercised before passwords are discussed. I would like to see this answered before the actual password removal is discussed any further. Otherwise this topic will be closed or deleted