Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JCURIEL

CX-Server Lite

3 posts in this topic

Good morning everybody, I installed CX-server Lite on my laptop to get data from a CQM1 cpu42. All objects from more controls related to Omron could be insert on a spreadsheet except OMRON CX COMMUNICATIONS CONTROL. The error message from excel I received is: CANNOT INSERT OBJECT I have CX-one installed. CX-Server Lite ver 1.1 CX-Server ver 2.42 In the example that came with the software (cx-server lite) works the insertion of the OMRON CX COMMUNICATIONS CONTROL on any page. Thanks

Hi, wow that version's a little old. There are later versions which you might be eligible for. These are usually available from your Omron rep. Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling, or tried on another machine? Anyway, this control exists in file "<Program Files>\<Common Files>\Omron\Componets\CX Server Communications Control.ocx". Check if that file exists, if so then try registering it by typing the following in the "Run" command (using correct path of course ): regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Omron\Componets\CX Server Communications Control.ocx" Check the message says that registration "...succeeded." Bertie

Sounds like you have a similar problem to what I had described here: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=8566 I installed CX-Programer and magically all my CX-Server Lite controls started working. I plan on finding out what exactlly CX-Programmer changed in the future, but right now I am just happy that it works. If you can install CX-Programmer, try that out and let me know if it works.