Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eric Apperley

CJ1M RS232 Port Configuration via CX-ONE

7 posts in this topic

Greetings, I'm writing a custom PDA application to retrieve data and control a CJ1M PLC via Bluetooth. This is a 3rd year university project. Here's the scenario: 1) I have been loaned a CJ1M-CPU and Promi-SD Bluetooth RS232 Interface adapter plus the CX-One programming software and a CP-HOST2 $M cable. 2) I have finally figured out how to get the PLC on-line from the CX-ONE using the RS232 port and serial cable (without using auto on-line). This has allowed me to write a program and run it in the PLC. 3) I now need to set the RS232 communication port parameters in the CJ1M to match the parameters of the bluetooth adapter and retain those after power-off. 4) Two questions: a) what should the DIP switch settings be on the CJ1M to change the RS232 port communications parameters in the PLC? b) What menu/tabbed worksheet pages do I use in the CX-ONE software to do this? Sorry, I find the CJ1M DIP switch settings and CX-ONE "settings" pages a bit confusing! Any help gratefully accepted (I have an existing background in serial comms and electronics so a technical answer will be fine). Thanks, Eric

With the Promni Bluetooth adaptor there should have been some setup CD..On the CD is a pdf manual on how to connect to an Omron PLC...al settings included.....

Hi Eric You'll need to set the port parameters from the 'Host link' tab witrhin the PLC settings (selected from the project tree). Dip switch 5 controls wether this port uses its default configuration or the config that you've selected. ON - default OFF - as per your settings I uses the bluetooth promi for programming, so any question re this, I'll try to help. Cheers Edited by ParaffinPower

BTW since you need to write a program...check out the CJ1 communications manuals for Hostlink commands availalbe and also the download section which has an excellent VB application demo, source code included, for communicsting with Hostlink protocols..

Thanks. I've already downloaded the protocol manuals for Hostlink and FINS (I need to read/write the card in the PLC also, hence the use of FINS). I'll go look for the VB example.

Direct from one of PMCRs trainings: Bluetooth_Serial_Programming_Adapter_Lab_JCH_012706_DRY_RUN.doc

Does omron still give PMCR training? I have tried signing up a couple times at the schaumberg office and they seem to have issues filling the classes so they always tell me they dont have one planned.