Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mrclk

Logix 5000 ladder program last modified

11 posts in this topic

I currently work for a company in which most of the machinery is German made. Sometimes when our German brothers come in and start making changes things start going wrong. My boss gets hectic and wants to know who when and where made program changes. I am fairly new at this rs logix 5000 programming process, and was wondering if there is a way to find out exactly when the last changes were made. Also, is it posible to compare two programs to see what the differences are between the two?

Do they leave you with a copy of the program.

From the program folder you can see the last modified date and time. In the RSLogix 5000 program/Tool/Compare is a compare tool. Open new and Browse to the current and previous file. You can see I added a bit for this compare purpose.

Sure do. However, it usually takes them a couple of days to get their changes tunned in. It mostly involves speeding up the machine. Production is running 24/7 overhere. Comes 7:00 Oclock its beer time, they head to the bar. The night shift is sometimes stuck with a half way redesigned program.

Is this compare program a separate application. Or is it part of RSLogix 5000?

It is a different program but lanches from RSLogix 5000.

If it isn't already installed (not installed as default) you will find it on the RSLogix 5000 CD.

Best thing you can do is setup a regime for modifications. A simple idea we use is to have a folder with a sub folder for each machine. Each machines folder contains a folder with the date modified as the name and a folder named old versions. The dated folder contains the software currently being used, when somebody starts to modify a machine they copy this folder and make the mods to the copy. When they finish they drag the now old version into the "Old Version" folder and rename the copied folder to todays date. It's simple but effective and has got us out of the sh1t on a number of occasions.

Man are you lucky, for us that time is called "Beer Thirty" and it used to be 5:30 pm before the union "improved" working conditions and now it occurs around 3:30 pm.

It occurs at 2:00 here Too bad it is extremely rare I drink anymore