Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wrenchforhire

Sequencer help

7 posts in this topic

I am trying to figure out a replacement for a SLC 100. The program is very basic, just a series of 16 sequencers and some binary inputs to call them up. I was hoping to be able to use a micrologix, but my sequencer experience is pretty thin, and the help files aren't very helpfull. It looks like the micro doesn't have enough registers to handle 16 sequencers, if only management would spring for a compact logix!! Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks

Which ML are you looking at, I usually try to us the ML1200, only a few dollars more, and a lot more capacity.

I was looking at the 1200, I guess the real problem is my lack of understanding of how the logix 500 does sequencers.

Can you post the SLC 100 program so we could look at it? I see no reason the Micrologix 1200 couldn't do it

all I have is an old paper copy and the hand programmer, that's why I want to update this dinosaur!

16 bits of sequenced data? 16 words of sequenced data? Either way the 1200 should handle it fine if it has enough I/O. AB has the SQO sequencer instruction, but you don't need to use it. Just use an integer for the step the sequencer is in (N7:0), place all your sequencer data in seperate files (say N10 for first 16 bits, N11 for next, etc...), use indirect addressing to mov the data for each word (16 bits) from the data file (N10) mov N10:[N7:0] N7:1, mov N11:[N7:0] N7:2 etc... for each 16 bits of sequenced data. If your IO config and budget allow, consider the 1100. Ethernet comms is much better than DF1. It doesn't have the IO capacity of the 1200 though so be careful if you are using expansion cards.

But why go through all of that when the sequencer instructions can do the same thing and there is not guessing as to their function?