Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deke2006

CQM1-AD042

5 posts in this topic

Hi, Noob here with an Omron CQM1-AD042 Analog input module. THer are two inputs being used and are wired for current. Attached to these input are a Dwyer pressure Module with an output of 4-20ma, pressure range 0-30 PSI (Air). I'm thinking the Omron Analog module is simular to the automation direct F0-2AD2DA Analog module, where you read the values from a memeory area. I'm looking for an example of logic for setting up this up and how to read it. Thanks, Deke

The address for the value will depend on the I/O layout for the system. The CQM1 cpu has channel 0 (zero) built in (16 dc inputs). All input channels are sequential. Outputs will start at channel 100. Addressing is automatic and depends on the order of the modules. The AD042 can use up to 4 input channels depending on the way the module was setup. You should be able to use a MOV instruction with the source as the input channel and the destination as a DM channel. Note that the value from the input will be a HEX value. You can convert the value using the SCL instruction. If you let us know the layout and part number of the I/O modules, we can help you determine the addressing. Hope this will help.

Hi gtsupport, Thanks for replying. Okay here it is; (from left to right) PA206 CQM1H-CPU21 1. OC222 2. AD042 3. DA022 4. ID212 5. ID212 6. OC222 7. OC222 8. OC222 9. OC222 10. ID212 A total of ten modules. This is on a fixutre that has three stations, first station drills the part, second station test the part for leaks and then flow, third station assembles hoses on to the part, which also then tests for leaks and flow. The original logic (don't know who did it) is 421 lines long all in one section, no documentation anywhere, timers up the whazoo, very hard to if not next to impossible to figure out, and what basic bits that do have some comments, are in French. Now I have made new logic for all of this put into sections for easier debugging, I have the first station done and working fine. The second station where it starts to do the testing I am not getting a reading, when the pressure testing starts, now I thought I got everything from the old logic that was involved in reading the values. DM25 reading from dwyer module (the value I should see here when tesing, i get nothing) DM1000 -1003 has values in each word (I think this for setting the range used in scaling?) I need to get this going of course, it's a learning curve on my part, as I have never workded with omron analog modules. If there is anything else you need from me in order for me to understand this please advise as I could send old and new logic for this. I like to figure things out on my own but so far I'm not getting there, if I had an exmple of how to do this I think I could get it from there. Thanks, Deke

Ok, the analog input values will be in channel 1 and 2 (two channel setup), 3 and 4 also if the module is set for 4 channels. What software are you using? You need to monitor channel 1 and 2 to see what values are present. Manual W238 will be very helpful also. It explains the module and programming. Note that information is the same for the AD041 and AD042. Manual link here You next challenge may be the analog output module DA022. Channels will be 101 and 102. Info also in the W238 manual. Document on CQM1 addressing is here Hope this will help. Let us know if you have any questions.

OK after viewing the CQM1 addressing I understand that part. Looking at the old logic I found all to do with address 001 (for analog input #1), and I have all that in the new logic Also checked 002 and did the same, funny though it didn't have all the same stuff as 001? as I only found 002 in a SCL block. Regardless, that is also in the new logic. I also have the only thing that was in the old logic for 101 (analog ouput) in the new logic. But I guess I'm just an idiot, because I'm still not getting a reading. What should I do next? Thanks for all the help so far. Deke