Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MIKE31

HELP PANEL VIEW

7 posts in this topic

HI EVERYONE I need help regarding panel view . I like to know if I can find related bit to message/ alram displayed . I go to TOOLS, TEXT EDITOR, I see all messages but I wonder there is a method to find a bit associated to a particular message. Thanks a lot

First are you talking about a Standard Panelview or a Panelview Plus? Don't think there is a text editor in the Panelview Plus but it is always good to specify If it is a Standard Panelview look at you left navigation pane and goto the alarms folder which is between "Application Settings" and "Screens", then goto the "Alarm Triggers"

Sorry TW CONTROL I meant panel builder 32 Thanks

Double Click your message display banner. On the Properties tab Click Edit Tag. Look at Tag Address. You will need to go to your logic to see how the this tag is filled. Edited by Smoke

To explain further, There are different ways of displaying alarms in PB32 1. Message Display - In this type of display double click it and properties shows you the tag name - This tag is filled with different values in the PLC to display out its respective messages on the panel view - Values are set in the 'States' tab. 2. Alarm Banner This banner appears on all pages overlaping it. You don't see the 'Edit tag' dialogue in its properties. You need to create a tag using your tag editor. Over here you are allowed to trigger an alarm either by using the same as message display [stated above] or by creating individual tag for each message. If individual tags are created all the tags need to be selected in 'alarm trigger tab' and select it for the respective alarm message. One more way is to use the LSBit, I have yet to try it. So don't know much. Regards _______ Edited by Chavak

Have not used LSbit much either but as I understand it you specify a file of bits and then each sucessive message maps to a bit in that file. The message corresponding to the Least Significant {hence the LS} true bit is displayed. This allows for alarm heirearchy. Emergency Stop and / or MCR go in bits 0 and 1 while warnings which do not stop the process can go in bit 15 or 31 for ex. Thus even with a warning displayed the Emergency stop will show.

Thanks for sharing Bob, I will try it out in my next project to understand it better. _____________