Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KinK

CX Server Lite and VB

3 posts in this topic

Ok I finaly broke down and bought the software I am now playing around with it and I cant seem to figure out how to get the display ocx to show a decimal place. In the plc I am scaling the Input to 0-2000 (0-200°C) and would like to get the display to show 0.0-200.0°C. I know that I can do it just by reading the value in and dividing by 10 but I would like to use the control that came with the software.

Uhm, what display? A NT or NS one perhaps? Edit: I saw you're talking about CX-Server + VB in the topic, I'm not sure if there's actually a way to scale the values in CX-Server. Wait for the more knowledgeable than me to answer as well! :) Edited by TERdON

I use 'floating point' for scaling and number crunching, it allows you to handle large numbers, do odd 'calibration' scaling and offsets etc and then scale them back down again 'for display purposes' without losing your resolution of the 'big number'. ? , well if you scale your data too early you will lose usefull bits of data 'off the end' as you run it through the mangle, therefore do all your number crunching and then just 'strip down' the numbers at the end for use on displays. FLTL will convert your hex to Float (long) Set your 'scalefactor' variable (say 1.125) with a MOVL and FLTL that, then *F or /F the two to scale it up or down. Now you could 'display scale' it down again by 10 or 100 etc if the value is x times too big and convert it to the data type you require to display (FIXL for HEX etc). With Omron HMI's you can use 'real' as the display numeral type as that is how it shows floating point, you can also scale it at this point in CX- designer.