Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wally96

micrologix/fault

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I was looking at a fault in a micrologix 1000, " lost retentive memory " I reloaded program and was back in business. The electrical supply is a little suspect in this plant so I installed a noise filter when I built the panel, and installed a surge protector after this last fault. when I turned on the surge protector I bobbled the switch on and off a few times, and faulted the processor for good. No communication at all. I installed a new processor and works fine.This is the second time a processor has had a fatal fault, first time due to power outage from storm. Are these processors that finnicky, and should I have a battery back up? Thankyou

Check your grounding, inadequate grounding is often the cause of "memory loss" in the ML line.

hello, u check out the grounding and check for the power supply to ur plc.

Wally96 when I turned on the surge protector I bobbled the switch on and off a few times, and faulted the processor for good. Do not do that again!! Grounding is key on ML, Torque those screws. You might try battery backup for ML power. Not on commons for outputs, just processor. I have found that helps considerbally. Just has to be labeled. Good Luck