Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roger10

E1000 or GOT1000 ?

8 posts in this topic

Hi, can anyone tell me, what are the differences between these two panels. I also would like to know the pro and cons of the respective panels?

i never used any of them so far but maybe this will help: http://www.meau.com/eprise/main/sites/publ...s/E1000/default http://www.meau.com/eprise/main/sites/publ...GOT1000/default GOT1000 is latest generation of GOT terminals. So far I've been using A900 and F900 and occassional A800. These are made by Mitsubishi, A series is quite expencive, F series is very affordable. As far as I know, E series or maybe E terminals (not sure) is made by Beijer and it requires different software (E-Designer vs. GT Works). It is supposedly less expencive than comparable AGOTs but i would leave this to others.

The GT1000 programs with a standard USB cable and you can program the Mitsibishi PLC, if connectrd to the GT1000, with the USB cable through the GT1000 touch screen. The GT1000 HMI will allow you to passthrough to the PLC while still operating the touch screen program. Also if you are using a Mitsubishi PLC the GT1000 will upload the ladder diagram and you can monitor or even change some settings without connecting your laptop to the PLC. I am not sure of the features of the E- terminal as I have only used the GT1000. The GT1000 I feel is over priced and it still has touch cells instead of analog resistive touch screen. The use of the touch cells means that a button must be a certain size and in a certain position. I hope the information I have provided helps you. Thanks, swimmy67

The E-terminals are in fact from Beijers. The GOT1000 units are from Mitsubishi. The GT11 series units are low cost, designed to replace the old F900 series and are up to 5.7" diagonal. They are extremely cost effective. The GT15 units are the larger units, and are even more powerful. The GT15 goes up to 15". GOTs have built in tools for network diagnostics, ladder diagnostics, and network communications. The GOT also has options to attach directly to the Q or A PLC's expansion bus. It also can connect to up to 4 PLCs at once on the GT15 or 2 on the GT11. It has options for Ethernet, RS232, RS422, RS485, CC-Link, MELSECNET/H, and the PLC bus connections. It also has a front mounted USB port which is water-tight. This allows the programmer to connect to the GOT (outside the panel) and program the PLC inside. E-terminals can only connect to serial or Ethernet. In most cases, the GOT units come up slightly cheaper than the E-terminals. More so on the smaller units. I've programmed both, and just finished developing a training class on the GOT1000 units, and I would say they have more features.

Hey Crossbow, Is the GOT1000 training you developed available on CD, VHS or such?

We teach the class at Mitsubishi offices around the country, and the CD with the book, powerpoint, sample programs, and manuals is orderable from our distributors. I would recommend coming to the class personally, but perhaps with the CD you could learn what you need to know.

Hey crossbow, I was checking the new version of GT works. There is an option for 'Routing Information Setting'. Do you know what that is for? Basically my PLC's are on a Net10 network. One GOT1000 is connected to one of the PLC via ethernet. I need to access the bits of other PLC's on the GOT, but it doesn't work because of the ethernet. Is there any way to jump over the ethernet network. I access the bits using network# and station# and then the bit address (eg net#-stn# bit --> 1-4 M527)

You should create a new topic instead of reopening a 3 year old one. I have no idea where this setting you refer to is, so I cannot tell you what it is for. You certainly can access data from networked CPUs in the GOT1000. All networks have network and station number. So you simply add a device to the screen and tell it what network and station number to read from. Provided the network routing table is properly configured on the CPU which the GOT is connected to, it should work fine.