Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jester_ns

print report

8 posts in this topic

Totally newbie to OMRON. We bought the cx-One package recently, CX-programmer Ver6.11 with CX-server Ver2.4 No major issue with normal functions, following ladder etc. but not sure how to print a report. Don't even know if it's referred to as a report. With the Allen-Bradley I can select the full ladder, parts of, or even individual rungs to print if I want. This is what I'd like to do with the OMRON. Always nice to print out selected rungs so I can use them in documents to help others follow the logic. Is it possible ? Did I make any sense asking this ?

Hi Jester, and welcome to Omron and MrPLC.com! CX-One; excellent choice, definitely worth the bucks. To print ladder rungs in CX-Programmer, put the cursor focus anywhere in a rung, and choose print from the file menu or press the print button to get a choice of rung selection to print. At the file > Page setup menu you can set some options like fill in header / footer information with auto text fields, extensive layout settings, pen & paper and page margins. Play around a little with the settings and check the file > Print preview function to see the results. Hope this helps!

Thanks, will give it a try. Not new to PLC's just most experience with A-B. Not new to MrPLC either, been hanging around a long time reading, just never posted before.

OK, tried as you said, or thought I did. Placed cursor on a rung, hit print, up pops a dialog box says 'zooming factor setting', I select normal then up pops printer dialog and it prints some rungs ( appears as though some selection has been made at some time ). Not sure what I'm missing here, is it the 'cursor focus' ? Is that not just another way of saying 'put your cursor here' ?

Not just sure what is going on for you. I just tried the above and get a Target Print Rung dialog box to allow selection of rungs to print. Try clicking on the File pull down and then Print (or Print Preview) to see if you get something different. Hope this will help.

I think somehow you have the ladder print setting on Layout Printing, while it should be Ladder View Printing which is the default setting. Change this at the File > Page setup menu and it should work like described above.

Actually, when set to ladder view it doesn't work, but when I set it to layout view it will work as you describe.

You're right, it even got me confused . Layout view is the way to go. Ladder view is only a sort of hard copy of the ladder window.