Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beljic

CJ1M and printer - What cable?

10 posts in this topic

Can I use C200H-519-EU (Omron series cables, page 19) for connecting CJ1M and Epson LX300 serial printer?

You have to view the pinout from the c200h and the epson print, you conect always the txd with rxd.

This is how I made cable. I followed instructions for setting serial communication but still cant print data from CJ1M to Epson LX300 Cable works fine when I connect NT3S touch panel and Epson LX300.

What instruction are you using to print to the printer? Which port on the plc are you using? You will probably need to short pins 4 and 5 on the plc end of cable. Hope this will help.

Can I safely short pins 4 and 5? Here is configuration: RS232 port on CJ1M and TXD instruction. Host Link Port in CX Programmer: Communication settings: Custom, Bound 81N, Mode RS232C. When I download program and settings to CJ1M A392.05 become true. When I execute TXD instruction A392.05 become false.

Yes you can safely short pin 4 (Request to Send (RTS)) and pin 5 (Clear to Send (CTS)). If the PLC does not see a CTS, it will not transmit. Your reply does not indicate a Baud Rate. Make sure the Baud rate, stop bits, data bits and parity are set the same for both the PLC and the printer. Make sure you download the Settings to the PLC and then cycle power on the PLC. What is the value of the C (control) word set in the TXD instruction? Also, in the rung directly after the TXD instruction, use the P_ER bit to turn on an internal relay bit. Check to see if that internal bit is on. This will tell you if an Error occurs when the TXD instruction is executed. Hope this will help.

Thank you, Bound Rate is same on CJ1M and on printer. It is 9600. Value of C word is #0000 (RS232 port, no RS and ER signal control). I will short pins and try again.

I just looked at the LX300 manual. How do you have "Handshaking" configured on the printer? Cable connections look correct. I do think you will need to short PLC pins 4 and 5.

I short PLC pins 4 and 5 and it work!!! Thank you very much qtsuport, you helped me alot! ps. I didnt configured "handshaking"

Glad to hear it is working!