Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lchamarthi

Stepper Motor Pulses from PLC

6 posts in this topic

Hi All, I am using stepper motor for both direction of rotation as required. It needs 2 pulses one is Clock pulse (decides direction of rotation ) & another one is angle pulse (no of step pulses to rotate in defined direction). Now i am giving Angle pulse signal from Function generator to give step pulses. Now i would like to replace/give these 2 signals from PLC.Can anybody help me How can i generate the Function generator output (2K FREQUENCY) in PLC...? Thanks in Advance... Lakshmi

CJ1M series PLC's have built in Pulse and PWM outputs, (I expect a few others have as well but I tend to use the 'medium size' PLC's). Look at the operation manual W395 for details but from my quick read of section 3-3-4 'pulse output connection' with direction it does exactly what you require and you can change the frequency as required. (links to manuals are at the top of the omron forum) http://downloadcentre.omron-industrial.com...2FCJ1+CPU+Units

Hello Mark The Spark Thanks for your good idea. But PWM instruction can be used in case CJ1M CPU2X.... But i am using CJ1M -CPU13....... Now i tried with 0.02 sec On/Off predefined timer to generate output pulses...with this it is rotating very slowly as frequency is les......... I need 0.002 sec (2 ms) on/off timer to get correct speed....How to achieve this?.Can anybody help me.... Best regards LC

You can either swap out the CJ1M-CPU13 for a CJ1M-CPU2x, or add a CJ1W-NC113 for a single axis or a CJ1W-NC413 for up to 4 axis. Hope this will help.

I tried to rotate using 0.02 sec on/off timer to generate continious pulse....with this timer i am getting less frequency so motor is roatating slowly.To get desired speed timer should be 0.002sec(2ms) which is not available as predefined. I doubt can we generate own timer of 2ms using (TMHH) ultra high speed timer..in CJ1M? Can the transistor output should match to switch that much frequency? what is the mimimum response time of transistor output? Thanks & regards Lakshmi

Depends on the output module. Reference W393 manual Appendix A for specs. As suggested above, the CJ1M-CPU2x series offers built in high speed I/O for just your application. Or the CJ1W-NCx13 module will also handle the high speed pulse output. Hope this will help.