Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dverespey

Ethernet Setup and PC data read help(SF Ca Area)

7 posts in this topic

I have a client that has a system that is utilizing Mitsubishi PLC's. We need to get the processor hooked up the LAN and initially read some data points, later on we hope to replace a barcode scanning station with an HMI. Our in house experience is all Allen Bradley and the client’s maintenance staff is unable to configure the setup. The processor is an A2USHCPU-S1 and the Ethernet card is an A1SJ1E71N3-T. I've purchased the MX Components tools for the PC end. Reading through the past forum posts it appears that some ladder logic is required to config the card and I'm confused as to whether or not the MX Components will do the job on the PC side. Ideally I'm looking for someone locally who can come in and help us with the setup; some experience with the MX Components would be great.

on older plcs, ethernet card requires configuration and some logic to initialize the card. on newer (Q) this can be done without writtting logic (only change parameters of the card using GX Developer). once this is done (and you can ping card for example), it is good time to look at pc side of the network. MX components has wizard which is used to setup PC side connection. You will have to assign some arbitrary number to it (5 or whatever). Then you can try sample application to see if this really works (included with MX components). If everythign is fine so far, you take the PC development package of your choice (VB seam to be quite common in North America, guys in Europe seam to like Borland products). Iclude MX components controls in your project and read included manuals how to trigger read and write memory block. Frome here on, everything should be straight forward.

Based on your reply the MX Components will preform like expected. We use the Automated Solutions tools in our Delphi applications to talk with AB processors. On the configuration front we don't have anyone who can do the Ethernet card configure, that's that help we're trying to dig up.

Hi dverespey, I am attaching some code which you can use to successfully setup and initialize your ethernet card with. I have used this code before as a guide when I started programming mits plc's. You might need to do some mods, but try it out first. I saved the file "MitPLC E71.zip", with GX Developer 8.30G and the file adr351.zip is the Medoc source. Hope this helps you, Waynes MitPLC_E71.zip adr351.zip

Thanks for the reply and source code, I've passed it on to the clients maintenance person, hopefully they will be able to take it and run with it.

Mitsubishi has AEs in all of their regional offices in the US who could help with the on-site setup if required. You should go to www.meau.com and click the Contact link and look up the local sales office. It's in Cypress, CA. They can help you with engineering on-site support.

Thanks, I called the Cypress office. At first they said they didn't do on-sites, after I pressed they gave me a local number, where I've left a message. We'll see what happens.