Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JAVI

Communication Servo amplifier

7 posts in this topic

Hello, everybody. Have a proyect new with servos. I need to know if possible, to control the servo amplifiers using communication RS-422 with PLC FX1N or FX2N. If somebody had made it, please indicate me you as make it. A program or a diagram electric example would be very useful to begin. Thank you for your time and help.

Basic idea is to create network (proper wiring, termination, node assignment, port settings...) and send message(s) that slave nodes can understand.

In this project, what kind of servo amplifier do you intent to use. Is it a MR-J2S-A drive or a MR-J2S-CL drive? A B type is not possible (SSC-Net connection) In both cases you will need the servo setup software to parametrize the amplifier. What kind of communication do you wish?

Hello Sr. FNMdeJong. The basic idea is to communicate through a net RS422 four servo amplifiers MR-J2S-A, being slaves of a PLC FX1N or FX2N, using a card FX1N-422-BD or FX2N-422-BD to communicate the servo amplifiers with the PLC. Is it possible to send a position reference and speed through this net?. I thank any help that you can provide me. Edited by JAVI

You can communicate with the MR-J2S-A amplifier by serial communication, set the correct parameters inside the amplifier, like station number and baudrate similar like inside the PLC parameters for the serial communications. In this case you need to make youre own protocoll inside the PLC program. See for help to do this the MR-J2S-A instructiuon manual, section 14. By doing this you can control the amplifier totally. So commands, parameters and total feedback of the amplifier is possible. If you only need to send an pulstrain and a starting command, use the dedicted instructions for FXxN, like ZRN, DRVI, DRVA.... Sorry, I forgot to mention one important remark, If doing so you must use the commands for the test mode. In this case you can set the speed and reference. In my opinion this is not the easiest way to do this. Maby It's better to think to use a positioning module, a FX3U plc or a MR-J2S-CL drive.

that's true, just check SH(NA)30006. section 14 shows required wiring as well as message format. manual can be found here: SH(NA)030006-H 5.82MB PDF MR-J2S-A Instruction Manual

Thank you, helped me your answers.