Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MIKE31

AB RSLINX

7 posts in this topic

HI what version of rslinx that works with laptop having windows xp and rs logix 500 and with serial port and 1747 PIC.Thanks Edited by MIKE31

Right now i have RSLinx 2.50, RSLogix500 version 7 and didn't use PIC in a long time, last time i did use it, it was with older software version.

hello, i hav used rs linx 2.50 , it hav communicated with 1747 PIC from my laptop regards sathya

The PIC Manual simply says "use the latest version of Drtiver and Linx Available".

The first version of RSLinx that had a 1747-PIC driver that would work in Windows XP was version 2.31, but the driver had to be installed separately because it was released after RSLinx was, and there was a lot of hassle from Microsoft about "digitally signed drivers" back then. All versions of RSLinx since then, including the 2.41, 2.42, 2.43 and 2.50 have had functional 1747-PIC drivers, but as you will find in numerous threads on this and other Forums, the drivers have some issues with some hardware and with switching in and out the serial port driver. Rockwell Automation, and anyone who has ever tried to make the PIC driver run under a balky OS, strongly recommends the 1747-UIC USB/DH485 interface.

oh that is really nice probably few 100 dollors

Well, yes, the 1747-UIC is a few hundred dollars. $265 list price, last time I looked, which is precisely the same price as a 1747-PIC. The 1747-PIC was designed to work with serial ports and the DOS operating system over fifteen years ago. The 1747-UIC was designed to work with USB ports and Windows 2000/XP last year. I expect that you wish to check out the newest RSLinx to evaluate the functionality of your current hardware. The RSLinx Lite download is free of charge.