Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ucox_sigi

Allen Bradley

7 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have small project that need Analog Input 32 point, Analog Output 32 point, Digitall Input/Output @ 16 point. Can you suggest to me, which one from AB poduct (PLC) can support my project. I dont want to pay so much cause this only small project. Thanx for help.

Do you already have the programming software? If so, which one?

Depending on the answer to Ken's question, I would suggest using a Compactlogix. You could probably get away with a Micrologix but I wouldn't suggest it. But it also depends on what all you must do in your program. Can you give a so information on what the machine must do?

Hi guys, Nice to hear from you. I have machine for printing. They use 32 pcs motor (for valve)those control by analog 0-10VDC. The motor will work one by one but some times we operate them together if want to full open or full closed. I try to using like multiplexer but i am worry if scan time to slow, the position of valve become unstable. Any idea? Thanks.

What about software, what do you already have?

That is a lot of analog I/O. It isn't going to be CHEAP no matter how you do it. If it were me, and COST was the overriding factor, I would go on ebay and get a PLC-5 processor, a 1771 rack/power supply, and a number of 1771-IFE/OFE cards. You could probably get everything you need for about $1200. I'm suggesting PLC-5 over SLC 500 or Micrologix because the SLC high-density analog cards aren't cheap, and it doesn't make sense to have 16 NI4/NO4V cards!

Also I would say that would be customer dependent. Consider the life cycle of the PLC5 compared to a Compactlogix or even a Controllogix perhaps. At first glance it does not look like it would be very processor intensive so the Micrologix may work but I would go with the Compactlogix. Personally I prefer the Controllogix but I don't know your budget