Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OdinPT

Cpm1a, Outputs Intputs

4 posts in this topic

Hi, Again i ask for the knowledge of some helpful mind so... i ask 2 questions 1) I would like to know how does one do a NO or NC contact in the output of CPM1A, for example imagin one want's to control a Emergency stop Button, the input is given to the PLC and then comes my dificulty i just want to open a 24v line that is.... Original 24 v_________________ Machine N ___________________Machine Controled By PLC 24v _______ \_________ Machine N ___________________ Machine I Put the 24 v in the comOutput and then i continue the line to the Machine in the 10.00 Output, i control the signal using the input given, is that wrong ? why doesn't it work ? 2) Imagin you want to use 3 photocells inputs that are in 3 diferent machines, one photocel sends 14 vdc and the other 2 send 24 vdc as their signal. My question is.... is it possible ? since they have difeerent COM's and diferents input voltage ? Once again i Thank in advance for the site that has been Helping me a lot. Edited by OdinPT

1. When you say original do you mean to say that an "emgency stop" was previously wired in directly and now you want to put the estop signal into the PLC and fire an output of the PLC to perform the same function. If this is the case then DONT DO IT. You will comprimise the safety of the machine. 2. 14VDC will not fire the input of the PLC. Needs 24VDC +-15% 3. ALL wiring and examples can be found in the operating manuals. 4. I am also right in that you do not seem to have any electrical knowledge on the simple principals of relays?

Well... im new to this world, i admit my lack of knowlage in may areas of this "science"

Details for input wiring CPM1A from CPM1A operation manual downloadable from Omron (perhaps in the download section of this site as well). In regards to any of my comments - electricity cannot be seen, but it is there and literally has the "Potential" kill. I have a licence to drive, and an electrician has an electrical licence. The licence means that they have "studied" the pricipals for the safe handling of equipment / installation whatever. They have passed a number of tests to prove their competancy. I have seen too many cases of "backyard" electricians where things although done in good intention were potentially lethal. I am not discouraging you from learning this new "science" I am recommending that you at least study it or get suitable qualifications. Otherwise you could be puting yourself and more importantly others at risk.