Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rebuke

Cj1m Data Collection

7 posts in this topic

I've been asked to look into whether a block of 4000 data points per cycle can be stored to the compact flash port in a CJ1M cpu11 PLC. Every cycle a new batch of 4000 data points will be collected and then need to be time stamped. Each data point will be a number from 0 to 50 000. Anyone ever try this?

Per cycle do you mean scan ? Typically, say your scan is less then 5ms, now you want to write 4000 points and date/time stamp them every scan. I do not believe that this can be achieved because of the latency involved in actually writing to the CF card.

... Maybe the CJ1W-SPUxx/CS1W-SPUxx data collection unit can, they are designed for high speed data storage. See link... http://www.omron-ap.com/product_info/CS1W-SPU0[]/index.asp Nibroc Edited by Nibroc

Good call Nibroc (First i have seen them), however i would still be concerned with the amount of data points V's time. (More points = more time). Secondly why 4000 points in one cycle (scan) (is this channels - words or digital IO?.....

... Your concerns are correct Sleepy - I had a look at the manual this afternoon, and it appears that although the SPU is fast, 4000 points per PLC cycle would take time! Nibroc Edited by Nibroc

Sorry guys, I meant machine cycle, approx. every 20 seconds. Monitoring the feedback position of Hall Effect sensors in word form, IE, every point is a word that will be displayed in one Excel block.

.. The CJ1 should be able to write the 4000 (+ one time stamp) items to compact flash within 20 seconds. I suggest you should arrange a trial to test the write speed. Have you had a look at the CJ1W-SPUxx units mentioned above? This unit would easily meet your requirements. Nibroc