Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wbug2000

How To Connect To An Ab Micrologix 100 Via Ethernet?

11 posts in this topic

Could someone kindly explain to me how to connect to an Allen Bradley Micrologix 100 using ethernet communication? I have RXLogix 500 version 7.0 and RXLinx Classic version 2.5 Much appreciated. -Wbug2000

First of all, you need a 1761-NET-ENI communication interface. You can read about it here: http://www.ab.com/plclogic/micrologix/communication/eni.html

On other thing, how exactly are you wishing to communicate with the Micrologix 1000 from RsLinx. DDE, OPE? Either of these will require RsLinx Single Node, OEM, or Professional

Thank you all for responding. This is what I am not really sure. What I am trying to say is instead of connecting to the Micrologix 1100 via a serial cable (I know how to do this), I want to connect using the ethernet. And I guess it is a single node. How can I do this?

It's all in the book. http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/i...um001_-en-p.pdf Appendix F starts with Ethernet cabling and switches, and includes information on how to initially set the IP address of the controller.

Oh ok, I guessed that your Micrologix 100 was a 1000 but it is a 1100. Just to add to Kens post, the easiest way to get started is the Ethernet/IP driver. It requires no real configuration. Just go to Configure Drivers in RsLinx, then under Available Types select the Ethernet/IP Driver and click Add New. Then hook them both to the network and go to RsWho. Go down to your Ethernet/IP Driver the same as you would normally go to your DF1 and you should see it. Make sure your IP addresses are on the same level (example- both start with 192.168.0.XXX)

I've tried two approaches but still been not successful yet: Fist I tried RSLinx Classic --> Configure Drivers --> Ethernet/IP Driver -->Add New and I got the driver running. But when I tried to go online with RSLogix, I got an error message "DiagnosticStatus Failed: 0XFF...FE" I then tried RSLinx Classic --> Configure Drivers --> Ethernet devices -->Station Mapping --> Station 0 = blank, station 1 = 192.168.1.30 (controller's IP), and station 63 = blank. I also got the driver running. But after I clicked on RSWho, I got an error message "192.168.1.30 Unrecognized Device." I'm sure I missed something but don't know what it is. Thanks.

Darn it, that sounds like you are missing an EDS file. Does the RSWho browser using the EtherNet/IP driver "see" the MicroLogix 1100 ? You *can* open the built-in Web page of the controller at that IP address, can't you ? RSLinx Classic 2.50 should support the MicroLogix 1100... that was one of the major reasons for that release. Edited by Ken Roach

Hi Ken, The RSWho using the Ethernet/IP driver does not see the Micrologix 1100. Earlier I talked to the vendor who built the machine and he said he had the same RSLinx Classic version 2.50.00.20 (CPR 7) and he never had any problems talking to the controller. Thanks.

First, can you ping the Micrologix. Open the Command Prompt and type "ping 192.168.1.30" Second, go to Internet Explorer and in the address type 192.168.1.30. Does the web page open? Also, what is the IP Address of your computer Please post the results of these test

I finally got it working I went in and set an IP address on my computer and so it worked. Thanks to everyone for being so helpful. Regards.