Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimWilborne

Micrologix 1100 Sluggish Web Server Response

13 posts in this topic

I am having a problem with the Micrologix 1100 Web Server. In our setup, the Micrologix fires one message continuously (if message is not enabled, fire it) and processes one message from a Controllogix that is fired in the same manner. If I disable both messages, the Web Server seems to respond fine. But when the messages are enabled, the Web Server becomes slow to respond and sometimes unresponsive. There is a Micrologix 1200 with a 1761-NET-ENI coming off of the same switch that is communicating in the same manner and I can get to its web page fine though that is a static page that requires no communications to the PLC. I have tried changing the patch cables and it did not help. Plus communications between the Micrologix 1100 and the Controllogix has excellent performance so I don't this that this is a hardware issue. Also I can go online with the processor and communications performance is fine. Has anyone seen the performance of the Web Server drop tremendously off of 2 messages? I know that the HTML part is low priority communications but…? Edited by TWControls

There is a new firmware for Micrologix 1100, the web server comes better with it, but you can not downgrade the firmware. With the new firmware you can read and write data, but you can not export data to MSExcel.

Ok, I found the firmware and will try this. Thank you Does anyone know where I could find the release notes for the firmware. Didn't find them

From what I understand, Rockwell is finalizing the release note documentation I am going to, and would suggest others, wait until the release notes are available before upgrading the firmware just in case there are some special notes on it.

I'm actually curious to try it out if you can write to the data. I also want to test CARLES claim. Where is the firmware, I checked under Rockwell Support firmware updates and was unable to locate it?

They are under the Micrologix 1100 downloads from the product directory. But like I said, I would use extreme caution in updating the Micrologix 1100 without 1st reading the release notes. If there are known abnormalities it will have them in there. This is a good practice before doing any firmware updates. I REALLY urge you to think twice before doing it before the release notes are published. If you want to read about how to do it, there is a new version of the Using the Micrologix 1100 Web Server Manual that shows how in their literature section But maybe you should think a third time about it too.

I totally agree with you, and appreciate the concern. But this is a non-critical application, and i'm doing it as a test to see if I can enter data through a Web Query via Excel without using an OPC server like RSLinx

Know you can do it with VB. Played with that a little. But unsure of Excel if that helps.

How? If you could, e-mail me your code.

Only have rough code right now. Was suppose to do it for another guy but have been too busy to complete. Pretty much stream the html into VB, then parse the values out of it. I will try to complete the code in a few weeks but busy here right now

I'M SORRY!!! I MAKE A MISTAKE with the new firmware you can NOT export data table to EXCEL, with FRN 2 you can do that, but not with the FRN 3. I talk with Rockwell, and FRN 4 It may be possible, they are working.

I guess I should have mentioned from what I understand there is not way to back flash the firmware yet