Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
francevendee

Rs Logix 500 & Panelview 300

2 posts in this topic

I have not programmed an Allen Bradley PLC for some time. I need to make some changes to the PLC program SLC5/05 and create a new page to operate a valve manually on the PV300. I need confirmation on how to do te following: Am I correct I can use a 1747-CP3 cable between my laptop and SLC 5/05 to upload/download. I have to activate RS linx first to achieve communication. Do I select full duplex or DH485 driver? if using 1747-CP3? I also have a 1747-PIC. If I use this what driver do I use? I have panelbuilder32, but never used it before. I need to create a new screen and have to open/close a valve in manual mode. How do I do this? any help. Can I use cable 2711-NC13 between laptop and panelview? How do I achieve comms? Any help will be appreciated

Yes, the 1746-CP3 cable will connect you to CH.0 (serial) port of the 5/05 CPU. What is the serial port on the SLC configured for (RS-232 DF1 or DH-485)? If it is RS-232 DF1, then configure the RS-232 devices driver in RSLinx. If it is DH-485, configure the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver in RSLinx, but do not use the PIC device, use the CP3 cable. The PIC will not work with the 5/05, as the RJ45 port (CH.1) is ethernet. The 2711-NC13 cable will work, but the RSLinx set-up will depend on the full model # of the PanelView.