Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oldgearhead

9300-rades

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any experience with these. One of our vendors has placed two of them in our plant, and they never seem to work when they are needed. They finally got the first one to work after 2 replacements and a year's time. Now the number 2 machine is having a problem, and they keep smacking to ball in my court by saying it's a phone line problem. Well, I'm going to haul a FAX machine to the SLC's location and send a FAX to that phone line. Won't that prove the phone line is good?

I don't think that would be a good test. Fax machines have the ability to resend data. Are you able to connect at all or are you able to connect but keep getting disconnected?

Yes, I have used the 9300 RADES and interestingly enough, in the commissioning of it, it was discovered that the incoming dedicated line could not be dialed from a local exchange (only dial-ins from other area codes would go through), like we were attempting for testing purposes. Clearly a phone line problem. The phone company fixed that problem and the 9300 has been in service for 8 months now. So, yes they can work. Dan

Well the problem is with our new DID IP phone lines or the D>A translation bridge. I could not send or receive a FAX when connected to this line. I patched in one of our old loop-start analog trunks and the modem works fine.....

Thanks for the update. Dan