Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
takis65

Tp170b

4 posts in this topic

hi. i have a TP 170B. how can i view video with a TP 170B.with no conection plc. have anybody schematic to convert, a port video to ports TP170B . I NEED HELP !!!!!!! Best Regards, takis65

The operating system is Windows CE, so this question may be best steered toward a WinCE discussion forum. Otherwise I'd contact Siemens Tech Support.

It is simply not possible. There are no possibilities for expanding the functionality of the TP170B. The models OP/TP270 and up supports various standard options, including internet explorer (requires an ethernet card in the TP/OP). Theoretically you could feed video via a webserver, but I am sceptical on that it will work satisfactorily. The larger MP panels supports installation of external applications, but I dont know of any available video feed/display programs out there (maybe someone knows - it would be interesting).

The only HMI I know that can feed video is Xycom/Proface. There is not enough resource/memory in a TP170 to support anything like that. Even the MP series HMIs would have a hard time.