Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EeMaN

Load Error

7 posts in this topic

I recently was assigend the task of backing up the PLC programs at our plant. By the way I'm new at the plant what happened before was out of my hands. Anyway, during my investigation into what I would need I found out that there are currently NO backups of the programs. In an attempt to backup two seperate Series 90 Micro programs I ran into this problem. I only have LogicMaster 90 v 9.05 to use. Since I don't have the original program I tried to LOAD the program to the TEMP folder and get this error each time. "Error during load; Program folder incomplete. Must reload or restore logic. Also at the bottom of the display in the status area is the message "NO COMMUNICATION." I observed that during the attempt to LOAD the program that the comm lights on the cable went out after a few seconds and then came back on just before the message appeared. Anyone have an idea of what is going on and how I can get these programs off of the PLC. It is imperative that I get a good backup because we are tearing the equipment down in three weeks and shipping it to a new plant and the PLC will be unpowered for at least three weeks. EeMaN

Are you able to successfully back up from other PLCs? If not, the problem might be the computer that you're trying to run LM90 on. I seem to remember having issues with dropped LM90 communications on certain computers, but I don't remember how I got around it. Have you tried only uploading one component at a time? First upload the program, then upload the configuration. If the comms problem is time-related, you might be able to win the race if you upload less information. Is it possible to stop the PLC while you upload? Also, if the TEMP folder on your computer was created when you were connected to a 90-30 instead of a Series 90 Micro, Logicmaster might have problems with it. Try renaming or deleting the TEMP folder from your directory and create a brand new one when you try to upload from the Micro. When you are at the "Select/Create a Folder" screen, you can see the program name that's in the PLC. You could create a new folder using that name and try to upload to it. Sorry I can't offer something more concrete.

Thanks for the advice. I don't have any other GE Fanucs to try and retrieve the program from. We have a pot pouri of PLCs in our facility. GE Fanuc, Mitsubishi, Koyo/Direct Logic, AB, Siemens, Idec and Omron. This place is a real challenge. Anyway this is my first dealing with a GE Fanuc soI may have more questions as I progress through this quagmire I'm in. I have another laptop to use so I will try these things today and post the results this afternoon. -EeMaN

Hi I have had the same problem (with 90-70) during the week setting up a desk top PLC for some engineers to play with. This may be your problem. Up & Downloading will result in a comms drop out once commenced. I have contacted to local GE Vendor who supplied me with a upgrade for LM90 (I think it is ver 10.03) for 90-30 and ver 7.05 for 90-70's. The last LM90 upgrade had a specific patch (DLL's and such) for win200 and later OS's Try you local vendor. Cheers

We are using a version of Logicmaster TCP/IP (9.04) that we have never updated on windows xp. We had some load problems about a year ago. All we did was stop the controller and it magically went away. It was probably a timing issue.

LM9030_9.05_Special_1.zip Here is the patch mentioned.

Thanks a LOT for this download link. This patch saved my booty today!