Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hendra

Cpm2a

5 posts in this topic

i have a new CPM2a, but it can't connect to PC, i'm using CX programmer 3.1, its failed connect to PLC, how is the solution and the error indicator in PLC is turning on

Did you check the basic things; cable, connection method, COM port. If possible verify you cable by connecting to another PLC. If using the RS232 port check that the CPU communications switch is set to on position, see attachment. The ERR led is probably because the end instruction is missing. If it is new out of the box you should be able to connect to the peripheral port using Toolbus or the RS232 port using Sysmac way both 7,e,2 @ 9600. CMP2A.pdf

if end statment is missing, but i can't connect my PLC to PC so how can i add the end statement. I'm using RS232 and no problem with the cable becouse it work with my old PLC.

So, how do you try to connect, to which port, serial settings etc ? I left my crystall ball at home so you have to give some more information. You don't need to have an end instruction in the PLC in order to be able to connect, I just mentioned it because that's probably why the ERR led is on.

What was your old PLC? What communications method were you using to your old PLC - host link? Toolbus? What were the communications settings to your old PLC? 9600 baud? 19200 baud? If you have CX-Programmer, use the auto online function to find out the communications settings, provided the cable is suitable. Let us know what PLC and what cable.