Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lchamarthi

Editing Of A Csv File In Ns Designer

7 posts in this topic

PDL, I exported CSV file and i made just find & replace SerialA by SerialB. then i tried to import into NS Designer but error no:1(Address setting error) is coming. if tried to import file without replacement (the same exported file) is accepting. i am not understanding why it is happening. i just made the SerialA to SerialB without even touching the formats of columns and rows. Can anybody helpme out ASAP!

In NS Designer try going to Settings - System Settings, select the "Comm-All" tag. SerialB should have PLC next to it. Now import your csv file

Sparky i did the same thing. Now i got CSV file successfully imported but Functional objects address were not changing to SerialB. they are like ??? DM00000 Can you clarify please!

my experience tells me that with replace function from ns-designer you can only change addresses from basic object's properties window and those properties you access when you click on expanded tabs. same thing is with export to csv, only basic tabs from properties window. correction, with find/replace function you can change addresses on all tabs of objecto properties window. but for export to csv is basic only.

Dear tashinz, I was not able to understand your suggestion. can you please explain me once again..how to solve this.? Thanks LChamarthi

well, you should use the Edit -> replace -> host function to change the host in the project's object's addresses as someone mention it here. but first you should define new host (system setting -> serial port B choose plc) and NOT delete old host. then you use replace host function for screen or project as you choose. this will replace host on every object in the basic tabs as well as in the expanded tab. as you now in object properties there is expanded tabs. when you export to csv project or page only the settings from basic tabs are exported hence only that you can edit in excell. ah yes, you should have ns-designer 6.2 (included cx-one 1.0) or cx-designer (included in cx-one 1.1) to use replace host function, otherwise you have only replace address function. hope this helps regards Edited by tashinz

Dear All, Thank you very much for your suggestions. My problem was solved that converting program from Port A to Port B in NS Designer V6.0 with the use of CSV file. Indirect addresses and Alarm events were not accessble/edited by CSV. We have to change these settings seperately by going to each object as Omron People's feedback. Thatswhy they have an option "Host Replace" in latest version 6.2 to overcome this inconvinience. Thank You, Lakshmi