Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lchamarthi

Host Registration -Reg

7 posts in this topic

Thank you, I have one more query! Right now i am using CJ1M PLC to NS5 and communicating over Serial PortA. with settings Serial PortA:PLC Serial PortB:None and functional objects with addresses: SerialB:DM00000.00 when using PortA, object addresses were defined to Host (Serial Port A) Now if i want to change communication to Port B, wat we have to do? As per the manual, i have made the change in settings to PortA: None PortB: PLC Now even if i change the settings to PortB,all the addresses are displaying like ???:DM00010.00. If it is one screen, i can change to Host(Serial PortB) by going to each screen. In my project i have 400 screens nearly. I am using NS-Designer Version 5.0 So is there any option of convert Host, so that all functional objects addresses host also will change accordingly? Regards Lakshmi

With NS-Designer: (Edit CSV file with search & replace SerialA > SerialB) With CX-Desinger:

PDL, Thank you so much, Can you calrify one more query please! When i used NT31C with NTST4.0, the program capacity was 2.5MB. and the same program in NS5 is taking 6MB even BMP images were compressed. The reason i am not understanding? I contacted OMRON people and they told its is because of use of seperate BMP files. Even though so much of documentation can maintained easily in NS, User is interested in taking less Memory capacity. Do you reason to this why its happening? Regards Lakshmi

The NS screen system software is totally different than NT series structure, and has much more capabilities. The images will take up space too of course. Why does your customer want to decrease the program size ? What's 6 Mb these days....

I see from your other topic that you haven't solved your problem. Try this: 1. Go to Settings>>>System Settings>>>Comm-All and set Serial Port B to 'PLC'. Leave Serial Port A as PLC also. 2. Go to Edit>>>Replace>>>Select Replace Host and set the Search Host to SerialA and the Replace Host to Serial B. Confirm the replace and watch the magic. Everything in your project that referenced SerialA will now be Serial B. 3. Now you can go back to Settings>>>System Settings>>>Comm-All and set Serial Port A to 'None' 4. Go relax and have a coffee.

Very Thanks for your nice explaination, But i didn't find the option to Host Replace in Edit Menu at all. I am using NS-Designer ver6.0. so thats why i went to CSV file editing. May i know from which software (in which version) you have this option?. awaiting for early response....! Thanks & Regards Lakshmi Edited by lchamarthi

I am using version 6.20. I'm not sure what v6.0 offers for this option. You may want to try an upgrade. Ctrl+H is the hotkey for Replace.