Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jaruj

fast archiving of variables from PLC

4 posts in this topic

Hello, It is not real project, but i only think about this task: I need fast archiving of variables from PLC (e.g. under 50ms). I would like to use WinCC. I/O can be centralized or decentralized. What is best solution? Requirements are only speed of archiving. I dont care about prize of solution. WinAC RTX with isochrone PROFIBUS?????????????? What is minimal update time of WinCC? Is it possible?

Siemens sells a battery backed RAM card from Nematron that allows you to do data storage. I'm not sure what the speeds are but it will work with WinAC RTX. The card comes with the proper dll files and function blocks.

Search for a product called "Analysator Autospy". (Dont remember the site). It uses some special FBs and DBs that are downloaded to the CPU. These then log the desired data with the PLC memory as a buffer. The software then uplads the data from the buffer in realtime. It should be able to log the data as fast as the PLC can scan it. The price is approx 1000 Euro as far as I remember.

Hi Can you tell us more about your needs? How much data you need to collect and for how long? Is ti a continuos process or you can store data in PLC and read it later with a PC?