Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
darphul

Where is Siemens PLC?

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I have been searching net and this site but I couldnot find siemens PLC programmer. I think its name is S7. I have a homework and I couldnot find the software yet ! Maybe I couldnot see in this site, can you help me?

Hi, Siemens has 3 series of PLC on the market as I know. These are S7-200, 300 and 400 series. Also there is Siemens S5 series but this series of PLCs are not on the market anymore. The software for S7-200 series is MicroWin the newest version is V4.0+SP2 also you need a PPI cable to program S7-200 plcs. The software for s7-300 and 400 series is Simatic Step7. The newest version is V5.3+SP3. Also you need a MPI cable to program S7-300 and 400 series PLCs. S7-200 Plcs are small sized plcs for local or machine control systems. On the other hand S7-300 plcs are used for small sized or medium sized projects. S7-400 series are used for large projects. I think you need a small PLC for your homework. I suggest you S7-200 series but you will need a PPI cable. You can borrow from a systems integrator of anyone you know or you have to buy it from ebay, local distributor or etc. you have tobuy software form Siemens because license fee is required. If you like you can download an evaluation version from Siemens Website. I obtained a fully functional 40 days evaluation from that site. I am sorry I dont remember web site but if you like I would find and write in the post. I wish I could help you. Greetings..

www.sea.siemens.com Siemens Energy & Automation trial versions only, you need to buy full packages