Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gtsuport

ML1500 Explicit Message

3 posts in this topic

Good Morning, Situation: I work for a Cutler-Hammer and Omron Distributor and am trying to help a customer get a ML1500 to communicate via DeviceNet explicit messaging to a C-H EZ222-DN (aka AB 1760-DNET) Slave Unit. I was able to find an example of this (see attached file) for a SLC500 processor. Customer says this is no help because the ladder file uses M1 memory, which I figured out has to do with the SLC500 Dnet Scanner and is not available in the ML1500. It appears from the research done so far that the appropriate way to due this is with a 1769-SDN scanner and use the MSG instruction with CIP Generic settings? My problem is, I do not have RSLogix, or a real understanding of these instructions. If this were an Omron plc, I would set up and test a solution. Any assistance or direction would be appreciated. Hope you all have a wonderful Holiday Season gtsuport EASY_DN.RSS

I've never done what you are asking, but I've done messaging with Cognex via ML1500 which works the same as doing messaging to SLC500. I learned some of my examples from this download: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?act=Downl...&CODE=02&id=430 I also learned about the guts of EIP messaging from Cognex's whitepaper. http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?act=Downl...&CODE=02&id=429 I dunno if you could breeze through these docs and see if something in there might make sense that you could piece it together what you are trying to do with your explicit messaging.

chakorules, I will give this a look and see if I can put something together. I appreciate the information. gtsuport