Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rangerfreak

I have a rather interesting problem.....

5 posts in this topic

First of all, This is a cool place that I am going to frequent often for sure! Now for the fun part. I have RSLOGIX500 loaded up on my laptopat work and it was working fine under Win98. I had no problems at all getting online at all. I decided to upgrade to Win 2K, and the fun began. I can open programs that are stored on the pc, edit them, etc., but when I go to go online I get an error. A box pops up and says something like rswho cannot create a blank document. I cannot go online or anything. Any ideas folks? I have not reloaded rslinx or rslogix yet. Would that solve it? Any ideas will be GREATLY appreciated!

What Versions of software do you have. Then check here http://domino.automation.rockwell.com/appl...57?OpenDocument

yep, you may have version issue. Current version is 7, sometime about version 5.3 or so (don't remember exactly) they dropped support for Win9x. But also check your RSLinx version. You can download Lite version for free...

Thanks everyone for the replies! I dont remember what versions of software I have right now...I'll find out tonight. It does sound and act like I may have to revert back to Win98. I will try tonight and see what all I can come up with, and let ya all know what I come up with. Thanks again! ETA: Oops. Time to go now. See ya. Edited by rangerfreak

usually you can see the version if you choode Help menu and choose About.