Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
308guru

How do I enter numbers manually from an E150?

5 posts in this topic

I'd like to program my E150 with a little more functionality that I currently have. I'm almost using is solely as a display right now, just because I don't know alot about programming it. I have D36 in my program which is a three digit number (location) designating quantity. Most of the time, it comes in through a barcode but there are a few instances that the operator has to enter it manually. Could somebody help me with an example of how I can program, say, F3 on the display to bring the user into an "enter quantity manually" mode? I would like them to enter a three digit number and move it into D36. Would it matter if the operator only typed in two digits if it's a smaller, two digit quantity? Thank you! Edited by mckeand13

Quick way............ Block manager - add block Call block 'enter quantity' Open this block - type on the screen ENTER QUANTITY on the floating tool bar click on anolog/numeric (0.3) in anolog signal put D63 change positions to 3 click on access tab and enter the maximum amd minimum quantities allowed (maybe 999 and 0) And make sure you tick the box 'enable operator input' click apply Close that screen and go to MAIN double click on screen button f3 and select local key (or global) and then check box - jump to block - on the pull down at side, select ENTER QUANTITY Now when F3 is pressed it will go to 'enter quantity' page

Thank you very much. I'm going to give it a whirl on Monday. Makes sense so I don't expect any problems.

Ok, I've got this almost done. I can enter the number manually, but now I need to get out of the "Enter Quantity" screen and back to another. Is there a way to do this as the operator pushes the enter key? Or do I have to set a local key in the "Enter Quantity" screen to jump to another. Thanks!

I would use "local key" jump to page 0 (main page) instead of "returns to previous block" (in other function) . If you have spare buttons, you can use one of those F-buttons as a back-button and type it as local button into each page you where need. Jump to 0-page (main page) would be better, because return to previous page -button is not working like fifo ( I think so?). Example (when using jump to returns to previous block): Page 0 ("main page"), jump button to "Enter quantity" (eg. page 1). Page 1 ("Enter quantity"), jump button to "another page" (page 2) Page 2 ("another page"), button returns to previous block (page 1) Page 1 ("Enter quantity"), button returns to previous block (page 2) Page 2 ("another page"), button returns to previous block (page 1) Page 1 ("Enter quantity"), button returns to previous block (page 2) Page 2 ("another page"), button returns to previous block (page 1) Page 1 ("Enter quantity"), button returns to previous block (page 2) etc. Tmu