Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MIKE31

AB RSLOGIX

6 posts in this topic

HI What is the difference between RSLOGIX 500 and RSLOGIX 5000 Thanking you all

LOL Hal! Quick answer. Tags and more tags! No more fixed addressing. Forget descriptors..create a tag called Green_Button_on_the_Motors_Screen...program using stream of consciousness.... XIC Light_is_On OTE But_nobody_is_Home. Forget Memory Size..I dare you to use half of the 750K available for L32E compact logix! RSView32 will also suck in your crazy tag names without complaint....go on, be a programming poet....XIC The_barn_door XIC Is_creaking XIC creaking XIC creaking OTL creaking_without_end...

or you can follow the link http://www.software.rockwell.com/rslogix/

TWControls might be doing up an article to kind of compare the two, especially how you would use tags in 5000 verses 500. I won't promise it, but let's just say I've seen a rough draft

I think he's just asking a simple question ... if so, here's a simple answer: RSLogix500 is used for programming the SLC-500 and MicroLogix platforms ... RSLogix5000 is used for programming the ControlLogix platform ... and even though you didn't ask: RSLogix5 is used for programming the PLC-5 platform ... and no ... none of these are "interchangeable" ... specifically, if you work with all three platforms, then you need all three software packages ... hope this helps ...