Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AC DC

Hostlink,Sysmac way, Toolbus

3 posts in this topic

Hostlink,Sysmac way, Toolbus??? Can anybody tell what is the same or differend with these communication ways and where they are used for. I know Hostlink & Toolbus are used for programming the PLC's Sysmacway can be used with Finnsgateway V3 to connect to the PLC, but Finnsgateway doesn't support Toolbus. I am getting a bit confused.

I really can not answer details on this one, but I am sure someone will be able to. Sysmac Way and Hostlink are two different names for the same thing! Not sure how this happened, but it did. This is the original communication method between computers and Omron plcs. Toolbus first showed up with the CS1/CJ1 platform. It is a faster communication method between the computer and plc. I think it will only work with the CS1/CJ1 plcs. However the CS1/CJ1 can be setup to communicate via Hostlink (Sysmac Way) by changing the comm port settings. Again, this is VERY basic and hopefully someone else can add some detail for you.

Toolbus A network, either C-Toolbus or CV-Toolbus, allowing communications with a device via the serial COM port of a personal computer (in a similar manner to SYSMAC WAY). Data is transmitted along the network in binary format. All information can be found in W446-E1-01_CX-Programmer Ver60 Operation Manual.pdf You can us toolbus for programing cqm1 cpm cv c200H E-Z and some more plc but to set up a F.network several plc like cqm cpm you should us sysmac way(hostlink) with those plc Toolbus on the CS/CJ-series PLCs allows CX-Server auto-baud rate detection up to 115,200 bps. Toolbus on the CS/CJ-series PLCs supports full n clients and n destinations. I'm using toolbus just with CJ/CS PLC but you can us toolbus for plc programming also with cqm1 cpm.