Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chavak

Display ST file Data on PV600 from SLC5/04

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm trying to display ST file data, basically decimal digits extracted from a ASCII file read from a Prosoft MVI46-GSC module. PLC is acquiring the data correctly in the ST file - ST19:1 ~ ST19:100. The tag is created as ST19:1 - Character array [PV help file says it supports ST file data]. But it refuses to display anything. In the PV I do not find any objects to display a ST file directly. What I am doing is add a text + a character as an embedded variable with the tag pointing to ST19:1. I'm trying to log the read outs from a linear gage(100 of them) on a PV page. Thanks Regards __________________

You're saying that you are using a text object and then imbedding a variable in the text property? Thats the only way I know how to do it and it works on any object that has text.

Make sure the data type in the tag editer is Character Array and the Array Size is the number of characters

Thank you Guys, Managed to solve the issue by adding an extra ".1" in the tag address. [sT19:1.1 instead of ST19:1] The tip was given from a member at a different forum at http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.ph...5558#post125558 Thank You

I presume then that ST19:1 (ST19:1.0) actually points to a word containing the string length and ST19:1.1 is the start of the string (or ST19:1.DATA[0]) ? Edited by Spedley