Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JouniK

nt20s-122-v1

7 posts in this topic

I've got a bunch of these and i was wondering, if they can be connected to anything else, than C200H. These are the ones with the stupid c200h direct communication what-ever. I'm asking here, cause i don't want to dl all the manuals for all the omron PLCs. I know they can't be connected to anything i've got atm and there's no HW/SW protocol description anywhere, so i can't do much about that. Knowing omron, these are only good with that one dang PLC. Am i right? I'd love to be wrong this time.

Unfortunately you are right. C200H,HS,HE,HG,HX

It figures. This really pisses me off. D*mn omron can't do anything right. There's no point in having a million different protocols and connections other than ripping money. If only i could find the specs for the connection.

I have worked with a NT20S-ST121 and NT20S-ST141. But I don't know that type. The NT20S-ST121 and NT20S-ST141 do work with other PLC like de CQM1 and CPM1's

That's because they are connected with rs232 to the PLC, but this version has only this c200h direct connection. These do have rs232 too, but only for use with the programming tool(what's the big idea?). I was thinking that maybe the newer PLCs like CJ and others might have the c200h direct connection, but i guess not. The connector is the same as the peripheral connector in CPM and CQM, but i guess they use some different protocol or something funny. Edited by JouniK

Is it not possible to switch between communication ports in the memory switch.