Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MIKE31

AB RS LOGIX 500

7 posts in this topic

HI I have two questions : 1 - when address display for both inputs and outputs are checked in view properties then the appropriate cross reference is displayed which is a good tool but when the program is printed the cross reference at each input and output is not included in the print , can somebody tell me why. Is there any solution. 2- Is it possible to have the same output in two differnet subroutine in a program? Thanks

Mike, I'm not sure about #1 but definetly #2 is yes. Unlike the Modicon Proworx NXT/32, RSLogix will let you manipulate a bit address as often as you like.

To add the cross ref in the ladder printout, go to File/Report Options, then select Ladder Setup (left tree). Under the section Cross Reference Display, there are two selections that you can check/uncheck, "Display Output Cross Reference for Inputs on Rung" and "Display Cross Reference for Output on Rung."

This is only true for PLC2 and Contrologix 5000

??? I use primarily RSLogix 500 and have no problems placing multiple OTE instructions on single outputs, though its not part of my normal programming methology.

It is not a good idea to put multiple instances of the same OTE instruction in different Subroutines. By putting the same OTE instruction in different subroutines, there could be a possibility of the OTE being enabled when it should be disabled. The scan of the program will put the inputs and outputs at their last read state. If one subroutine is calling for the OTE to be on and it is scanned first, and another subroutine is calling for the OTE to be off and it is scanned last, the last subroutine to be scanned will be the state of the OTE instruction. Again, it is not a very good idea to put more than one of the same OTE instruction in separate subroutines.